General Electric Cell Culture Sales Specialist - Hyclone - Boston in Washington, District Of Columbia
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more
than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60
years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping
accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with
cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present
and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
We offer solutions to support your work from biological research to clinical therapy, including tools for research,
drug discovery, diagnostics and bioprocessing.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sales Specialist is responsible for proactively developing & implementing a One GE
Healthcare sales strategy by creating & sustaining strategic relationships with Accounts in the
assigned territory & acting as a technical expert for the HyClone portfolio including Cell Culture Media, Sera, and Process Liquids.
You will sell products that support cell culture growth and biomanufacturing processes.
• Meet and exceed sales and orders volumes at the target prices in assigned accounts/territory.
• Prepare annual territory sales budget in collaboration with Sales leadership, including forecasting
sales, analyzing data, and maintaining records and documentation within appropriate systems.
• Build relationships, develop a business strategy, and maximize business opportunities for GE
Cell Culture. Represent and act as a primary customer point of contact in the allocated
accounts/territory. Provide on-going feedback to management, product teams, services and
• Develop & implement Go-to-Market plans within territory in collaboration with cross functional
teams to achieve results through effective project proposals, negotiations, and contracts.
• Ability to maintain and build upon existing business and to identify and grow new business
• Experience of preparing sales quotations, managing projects, devising programs to increase
• Develop & maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through consistent high quality
interactions with customer management. Build long term strategic alliance with portfolio of
accounts to continue to add value, and promote Service offerings to identify and escalate
commercial service needs to drive customer NPS.
• In cooperation with Product teams and Marketing, drive One GE Healthcare marketing and
customer events in assigned territory.
• Lead and leverage Field Application Specialists, Sales Support, Customer Service and other
Company resources to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to create a
competitive differentiation. Deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Follow all applicable GE policies, procedures and operating mechanisms. Proactively participate
in company initiatives depending on organizational needs and as directed by management.
• Ensure knowledge of and compliance with Quality, Regulatory, integrity and company policies.
Bachelors Degree or 5+ years of direct sales experience.
3 years of strategic sales experience or related scientific work experience.
3 years experience in the healthcare industry.
Proven customer project planning skills.
Strong influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive collaborative culture at all levels.
Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Proven track record on relationship building skills.
High level presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces
understanding and impact.
- Must be willing to live in the Boston Metro Area
Master’s degree preferred.
Experience closing large, complex, strategic deals.
Previous experience in the Life Sciences or Bio-Processing Industry
Fluent in English language.
Locations: United States; Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island; Boston Metro Area
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.