GE Export Compliance Specialist in Washington DC, Ohio
GE Global Operations
Global Operations Global Law & Policy
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Export Compliance Specialist
Government Affairs & Policies
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
In this role, you will provide support to the International Trade Compliance Center of Excellence in executing compliance processes and building tools and systems to manage ITC processes.
• Design and implement tools for use in ITC processes such as screening, licensing, auditing, shipping and sanctions compliance.
• Assist in the development, enhancement and maintenance of internal control
• programs to ensure compliance with export regulations.
• Translate compliance requirements into action steps and recommend IT-driven approaches to ensure compliance.
• Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance
• Supplement Operational Support as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree or a high school diploma/GED with 4 years of experience in related IT field
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with commonlu-used IT tools such as workflows.
• Must be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(20) or a proected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
â¢ Familiarity with US export controls and Sanctions.
â¢ Experience designing and implementing projects through IT tools such as workflow and HTML code.
â¢ Excellent oral and written communication skills
â¢ Strong analytical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills
â¢ Experience working in a global environment, where teams are working in different time zones
â¢ Strong organizational, planning and priority setting skills to handle multiple requirements with attention to detail.