General Electric Marketing Intern in United States
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Marketing Intern will play a key support role at Fuse. S/he will assist with the process of translating projects and challenges into simple calls to action on social media, creating content and doing individual outreach to subject matter experts to increase awareness and engagement. S/he will work closely with the Fuse Community Leader to build an active and vibrant only community at Fuse.ge.com. Also, will ultimately share responsibility for driving community growth at Fuse.
• Assist with recruiting new online GE Fuse community members and subject matter experts in academia, industry and internationally for engagement on Fuse online platform at fuse.ge.com
• Testing digital advertising; proposing regular A/B tests of copy, CTA and imagery, executing tests and reporting results
• Content creation; develop social content, blogging and newsletter
• Interact with community members on the Fuse platform, on social media and via email/phone
• Help build a robust media list and pitch new media contacts as Fuse hits relevant milestones
• Work cross functionally with the Fuse team to ensure community needs are being met
• Pursing a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or related field. Ideally, the candidate would also pursue a minor in STEM.
• A strategic mindset to help Fuse conquer unchartered territory
• Fluent in English
• Strong teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills
• Proactive personality with a “can-do” attitude
• Experience with Adobe suite a plus
• STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) interest a plus
• Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully managed social media (personal or brand)
• Excellent communication skills, able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
• Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
• Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Locations: United States
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.