GE Filtration and Custom Sales Specialist in United Kingdom
Healthcare Life Sciences
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Filtration and Custom Sales Specialist
Special Sales Group
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
The Filtration and Custom Sales Specialist will be responsible for the selling of Filtration products to all customers within the UK or within a selected target market segment. They will be responsible for supporting the sales of complex technical products into these accounts either direct or via the distributor channel. Are you commercially minded with technical knowledge? Join GE now!
• Accountable to achieve sales OP target for assigned accounts and or territory
• Identify, design and execute a strategy for each key customer within the area of responsibility. Where appropriate this strategy will pro-actively drive the management of that account and future business growth directly or through an agreed distribution channel.
• Negotiate and implement supply and pricing agreement with direct accounts
• Support the sales of Filtration products and business solutions to customers within defined territory and segment and manage the day to day business relationship within accounts by working closely with the customer and where appropriate the distribution sales force to drive acceptance of our Filtration products through agreed activity.
• Develop account penetration strategies for key target accounts and communicate current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and competitive activity.
• Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of multiple order and revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting using SFDC. Prioritize selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage.
• Prospect for new customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales. This will include positioning the company strategy to increase customer awareness, education and then to lead generate for other areas of the business.
• To develop good relationships with end customers within accounts and actively own and directly manage the day to day sales of Filtration/custom products within those accounts that do not buy via any distributor channel.
• Generate new custom product proposals and make business case internally ensuring business has an acceptable ROI.
• Prepare sales quotations, plan customer meetings, and demonstrate equipment capabilities on assigned products in assigned territory. Support distributor sales people activity in these areas, but not doing the work directly on their behalf.
• Track market effectively and provide accurate current forecast data using the information tools available.
• Communicate market information effectively to/from the field including competitor data.
• Communicate effectively with members of sales/marketing/service team to maximize all sales potential and communicates leads to relevant colleagues.
• Generate and maintain customer profiles on SFDC, keep opportunities updated to provide an accurate and detailed sales funnel. Keep track of key decision makers enabling the selling of the total Whatman portfolio and drive margin though selling value and holding price.
• Ensure knowledge of and compliance with Company policies and quality processes
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and trade shows.
• Environmental or Chemistry background or experience of selling consumables / filtration products or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Technical expertise within desired field
• Selling skills.
• Negotiating skills.
• Communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Fluent English.
• Knowledge of market place.
• Appreciation of business environment.
• Happy to travel with a valid motor vehicle licence.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental Science, Food Science, Filtration or Analytical Chemistry or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Proven years of sales experience
• Distributor Channel experience