GE Continuous Improvement Leader, Latin America in Venezuela, United States
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Continuous Improvement Leader, Latin America
Continuous Improvement (Lean Six Sigma)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of
The Continuous Improvement Leader for Latin America will directly support the Organization’s leader to create a culture of continuous improvement in their organization. A culture of continuous improvement is one where everyone is continuously engaged in solving problems and improving their work, where improvement is just a part of daily business, and where we feel, see, and hear quality and improvement around us every day.
This will be achieved through a combination of initiating, mentoring, and personally leading improvement initiatives together with the Organization’s leader. The Continuous Improvement Leader partners with their entire organization in the selection and successful application of the most effective and efficient improvement methodologies to produce sustainable benefits for customers, employees, and shareholders.
• Co-develop, with the Organization’s leader, a comprehensive improvement program that is end-to-end, prioritized, cross functional, aligned globally, sufficient to meet customer and organizational commitments, enables and empowers everyone to improve, and creates the improvement culture in the organization.
• Continuously monitor and respond to the status of the program, improvement portfolio, and individual improvements. Champion the program in conjunction with the Organization’s Leader and the wider organization so that improvement plans are successfully executed and sustainable benefits realized.
• Work with process owners to understand current business processes’ performance capability, the barriers to higher performance, and improvement opportunities.
• Partner with process owners to apply appropriate continuous improvement methodologies in order to increase process capability; continuously monitoring performance to customer commitments and process targets.
• Be a change agent to instill a continuous improvement mindset in the organization.
• Coach and facilitate the application of various improvement methodologies (8D problem solving, improvement Kata, Theory of Constraints, Fastworks, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.). Lead select improvements.
• Align with, and contribute to, the development and execution of Power Services Quality and Improvement strategies, portfolio, program, project management, method development, etc.
• Promote and participate in knowledge transfer across Power Services through participation in organizational meetings, improvement communities, and monitoring lessons learned processes.
• Facilitate the bridging of functional, geographic, and process barriers to deliver end-end improvement.
• Develop a mastery of improvement methods and transfer that master into the organization.
• Lead the development of improvement skills in the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
• 5+ years of relevant business experience
• 2+ years of experience leading, teaching, mentoring continuous improvement activities (e.g. Theory Of Constraints, Lean, Six Sigma, Improvement Kata, Root Cause Analysis, 8D, Fastworks, etc.)
• Demonstrated history of internal and external customer-focused behaviors
• Demonstrated history of improvement mindset and application
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems, and coaching teams to do the same
• Proven ability to promote change in large and complex organizations
• Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
• Strong, proven previous leadership capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and lead transverse teams
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
• Wide experience implementing and influencing organizational strategy and metrics
• Strong operational and technical background in one or more Power Services businesses such as Field Service, Repairs, Parts, Global Supply Chain, etc.
• Experience in technology and product development processes
• Experience in product and project engineering processes
• Experience in Quality Function
• Experience with Quality Management Systems
• Experience with advanced quality processes such as APQP, TS16949, or similar
• Experience leading continuous improvement portfolios, programs, individual improvements
• Understanding of holistic Lean systems (i.e. Toyota Production System or equivalent)
• Demonstrated ability to apply statistical methods and data analysis (basic data analysis and visualization, statistical process control, simulation, design of experiments)
• Demonstrated selection, use and deployment of Quality tools and methods, specifically Lean & Six Sigma methods
• BB/MBB certification and/or a proven education or work history in statistical analysis of complex data and measurement systems
• Strong coaching and training skills