General Electric Sr Project Manager in Various, Iraq
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Senior Project Manager will lead and manage new unit Power Generation Equipment & EPC projects across Iraq.
Lead and manage power generation Equipment & EPC projects across Iraq through all phases of the project lifecycle including engineering, manufacturing, delivery, construction, installation, commissioning, commercial operation, and final contract closeout.
• Execute EPC projects in compliance with contract requirements including scope, schedule, budget,
quality, while managing risk, improving margin and exceeding customer expectations.
• Be the primary customer contact and advocate responsible for resolving technical / commercial
issues, managing communications and providing periodic status updates
• Responsible for the financial performance of the project
• Responsible for providing leadership and direction to other functions supporting the project including Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Logistics, Finance and Services
• Responsible for project risk issues including receivables, claims, contract changes, margin enhancement, and effective project closeout.
• Lead EPC project team, including partners, through contract reviews to identify & manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the agreed timescales, and initiates corrective action where appropriate.
• Lead EPC project teams through project reviews in order to identify and manage risks, monitor financial and operational performance against the project baseline and initiate corrective action where appropriate. Update business leaders
• Follow GE Quality and QMS procedures
• Participate in six sigma / quality improvement activities for the purpose of improving project execution quality and customer satisfaction
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
• At least 10 years of experience in the power generation industry in EPC project management, power plant operations, power project engineering, or power plant site execution.
• Willingness and ability to travel 30% of the time
•Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
• Significant Project, Construction, Field Engineering and/or Contract Management experience in power industry.
• High energy level - self-starter.
• Technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
• Microsoft suite proficiency.
• Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
• Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
• Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively manage a matrix team / organization.
• Ability to anticipate events and develop adaptive strategies / remedies.
• Strong skills in customer relationship building, facilitation, and matrix management
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)
• Strong team leadership and team building skills
• Ability to drive and manage change in a dynamic environment.
Locations: Iraq, Jordan, United Arab Emirates; Baghdad, Amman, Dubai
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.