General Electric Senior Manager Product Management - Digital Mine in Various, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The GE Mining, Digital Mine Senior Product Manager is a Global leadership role that is accountable for the growth of our Digital Mine solution portfolio. Our Senior Product Manager will play a key role in connecting solution strategy with the voice of the customer, setting the Digital Mine product strategy to exploit and enhance GE Digital horizontal product offerings.
Identify key market trends and impact on product/technology, illuminate gaps in core capabilities that open the door to partnering and inorganic growth. Responsible for developing multi-generational product road maps, launching new products with Marketing managing products through the life cycle, developing product cost and pricing strategy. This is a pivotal role in a matrix organization which may be expanded to other complimentary product lines.
Accountability for GE Digital Mine business, and broad GE Mining / company objectives. Develop and integrate the Product Management discipline across the Digital Mine portfolio which includes: Safety Solutions – Collision Alert and Personnel Proximity Solutions, Asset Performance Management, Operations Optimization, and a rapidly expanding set of strategic capabilities and new products.
This role be influential in long-term strategy and planning, You will be at the table in discussions about the future of the business requiring frequent and thorough interaction with other functions.
Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders Important business unit clients. Complex processes requiring involvement of many stakeholders both at the client side. The Senior Product Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, be involved in long-term planning, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
In addition, essential responsibilities to entail:
• Set strategy for pricing and give direction on product positioning. Execution of pricing remains with the commercial operations team.
• Define Mining requirements for GE Digital (San Ramon) UX Developers and Software team to build dashboards, Killers Apps and Human / Machine Interface capabilities
• Identify and support onboarding of and channel partners that can be introduced to business for incremental penetration into market.
• Work with Sourcing to help develop RFQ process to receive firm bids from contractors and suppliers as needed on labor quotations
• Demonstrate functional leadership in support of pre-sales activity, proposal content, and solution value proposition adoption.
• Work with Project Management team as required on successful execution of the multi generation product roadmap.
• Own reliability metrics to drive product quality for Digital Mine product line.
• Work horizontally across GE Digital, GE BU and in co-creation with Customers, leveraging Mining Ecosystem players for fast delivery of differentiated solutions.
• Lead team to deliver new products for the mining industry.
• Build an efficient team of experts that preserves GE intellectual property.
• Develop and strengthen the team’s skillsets and ensure high performance.
• Develop a pipeline of product management talent and leadership.
Essential Capabilities and Characteristics
Deep Mining industry knowledge, experience and a passion to leverage digital technologies to drive improvements in mine productivity and safety.
Demonstrated leadership of both the direct team and matrix functions, at all levels in the organization.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Product Manager.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to influence direction for the business, document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established product management skills.
Locations: United Kingdom, United States; Illinois; London, Chicago
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.