General Electric Manufacturing Facility Brilliant Factory Leader in Various, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation at http://www.geaviation.com , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Dowty Propellers, a leading manufacturer of aircraft propeller systems for both civil and military applications, has announced approvals to create a new facility in the Gloucester area. This position will be responsible for leading Dowty’s Brilliant Factory initiative execution in the current interim plants and transition into a new facility, including the Digital Propulsion Brilliant Factory work package.
The successful candidate will own the blending of multiple disciplines involving virtual manufacturing, sensor enabled manufacturing technologies, as well as factory and supply chain optimization technologies into a cohesive action oriented program that deploys and positions to sustain a Brilliant Factory and its corresponding digital culture. In this role, you will use your ability to influence others to drive technology adoption and ensure end user engagement in program requirements and execution. This position requires the unique blending of hands on technical capabilities with the organizational skills of a project leader possessing excellent communication and influencing capabilities.
In this role you will:
• Interpret program strategy & translate into actionable activities at a factory level.
• Develop and manage project plans that ensure cross functional engagement.
• Translate technical directions to integrate them into the site’s unique attributes.
• Lead teams to develop solution specifications for the implementation of manufacturing systems.
• Lead current and future state manufacturing value stream optimization to facilitate shop layout definition
• Coordinate, support development, and deployment of equipment connections to the sensor infrastructure, manufacturing data visualizations, deployment of manufacturing and manufacturing engineering analytics including SPC, and deployment of the factory’s data model and digital thread.
• Coordinate with Aviation Digital teams to advance the underlying infrastructure in support of the Brilliant Factory systems.
• Integrate with the Lean and Six Sigma process teams to deploy solutions that advance those disciplines throughout the site.
• Establish a factory wide Brilliant Factory change control process and ensure its integration into the business.
• Drive operational excellence, develop and implement best practices including the enablement of the Brilliant Factory initiatives from the Value Stream Brilliant Factory Leader.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, or electronic discipline or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• Significant proven combined experience in one or more of the following; enterprise data systems, manufacturing technologies, data visualization and analysis, data science, project management in a technology discipline, data systems management, SQL and database management. equipment connectivity.
• Excellent analytical skills and computer literacy
• Advanced knowledge of lean toolsets and demonstrated ability to deploy lean systems/strategy
• Previous experience in highly demanding Lean Production Systems (automotive, appliances, mass-production)
• Strong project management, interpersonal and leadership skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Manufacturing, operations, sourcing, materials experience
• Black belt level lean six sigma experience
• Previous engineering experience in Aerospace Industry
• Advanced PLC knowledge
• Database & SQL Reporting
• Data warehouse management
• Cimplicity/GE Proficy
• Ability to lead in a matrix organization
• Ability to lead and support multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated clear thinking, inclusiveness and collaboration skills
• Creative problem solver and process oriented
• Knowledge of manufacturing disciplines such as, production management, inventory control and cost monitoring.
Locations: United Kingdom; Mitcheldean, Gloucester
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.