General Electric Field Services Representative - Water & Process Technologies in Various, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power’s Water & Process Technologies is a global business that focuses on the world’s most complex water-related challenges in more than 100 countries. Employing approximately 8,000 people and headquartered in Trevose, PA, Water & Process Technologies provides innovative solutions that address the growing demand for increased water availability and quality, while improving customers’ productivity and meeting more stringent environmental regulations. GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid 2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Working with one or more Account Managers, the FSR will be responsible for achieving defined goals & objectives as well as working safely, compliantly and efficiently within a defined group of customer accounts.
They will take guidance from Account Managers and will service, recommend changes, report and communicate treatment performance with customer representatives in accordance with the commercial agreement.
EHS & Compliance
• Deliver all aspects of the agreed contract including sampling, testing, reporting and consulting directly with the customer. Ensure they work in a safe manner at all times when delivering company objectives and comply with internal, legislative and customer EHS requirements and policies.
• Apply the company Legionella policy for customers who have qualifying water systems.
• To act at all times in compliance with the GE Spirit and Letter policies when maintaining and developing relationships with customers.
• Understand the commercial agreement at each assigned customer site and ensure the Account Manager is made aware of any customer requested scope change or over consumption to maintain profitability. Work with the Account Managers to ensure that the profitability and productivity plans as defined by the Sales Director are met.
• Ensure the Account Manager is made aware of any Customer Contact changes.
• Identify opportunities for upgrades to the Account Manager, whether chemfeed equipment, training, analytical services or increased scope of supply.
• Ensure a service plan is defined by the Account manager and then optimize the service activities at the assigned customers, to maximize productivity & profitability as well working with the Account Manager to provide adequate cover for Holidays. The service plan should contain but not be limited to scope of supply of services, time & products as well as treatment limits, performance expectations & KPI’s.
• Ensure execution of customer service plans.
• Communicate with the defined customer contact or deputy during each service visit.
• Ensure customer records are maintained at all times especially any Legionella related records.
• Preferred chemistry degree or equivalent scientific qualification.
• Full UK Driving License required.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Ability to effectively support multiple managers and teams.
• Good organizational, communication & interpersonal skills.
• Goal oriented self-starter.
• Tools Proficiency with PC skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Locations: United Kingdom; Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.