General Electric Lead Mechanical Advisor - GE Transportation in Various, Canada
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
iders Incorporated is an electronic product design and manufacturing resource that focuses on rail products, contract product development services (PDS), and contract electronic manufacturing services (EMS). iders has participated in a wide variety of projects. In each case, iders was sought out for its adherence to principles of design excellence, creativity and ability to bring technologies to market.
Including but not limited to:
• Evaluation of design concepts for feasibility and function specific to a particular product’s needs.
• 3D modeling and 2D drawing for parts and assembly of computer cages and modular cards
• Design of mechanical components and assemblies for OEM products, internal test fixtures and contract projects using SolidWorks.
• Analysis and interpretation of test results and communication of the findings to the rest of the design team and other groups involved.
• Provision of support to the design team with knowledge of engineering materials, processes, and standards (including, but not limited to, machining, forming, casting, and moulding).
• Assist in the selection of COTS components, including electronic and electrical interconnect components.
• Co-ordination with outside vendors and suppliers to organize equipment and schedules for physical tests.
• Assembly and preparation of samples/prototypes for tests.
• Assist in the development, documentation and execution of test plans to evaluate designs and products using numerical and physical test methods for their thermal and/or physical performance.
• Perform structure static stress and dynamic analysis on metallic (e.g. aluminum and magnesium alloy) fixtures
• Ability to create test plans based on simulation results
• Familiar with product assembly procedures and related health and safety requirements.
• Must feel comfortable working with basic hand tools
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution, eligible for P.Eng.
• Minimum 5 years experience in electronics packaging.
• Proficient in use of SolidWorks and Microsoft Office
• Ability to work and communicate successfully as part of a team and with external organizations.
• Creative, out of the box problem solving and a practical understanding of manufacturing processes.
• Fluent in English
• Valid Manitoba driver’s licence
• Able to travel occasionally both locally and internationally.
Locations: Canada, United States; Illinois, Manitoba; Winnipeg, Chicago
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.