GE Build & Release Engineering Specialist in Van Buren Township, Michigan
Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Build & Release Engineering Specialist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Van Buren Township
Responsible for developing build and release procedures for a particular release of a product under direction from Senior Team Members or management. Writes code using programming as well as scripting languages required for automation and continuous integration.
• Contributes to the team and works under supervision.
• Demonstrates awareness of various configuration management, build management and continuous integration tools and methodologies.
• Understands the importance of Build and Release as part of development life cycle and with reference to continuous integration process.
• Understands the importance of different software environments like Development, QA and Production. Implements build and deployment strategies as recommended by the management.
• Writes automation scripts for build and release processes as needed.
• Learns about new tools and techniques in build and release functions and shares them with the team.
• Demonstrates awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Collaborates with Product Teams to implement end to end Build and Release process for a specific release.
• Understands data structures and algorithms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Typically 0-2 years of experience in the industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.