General Electric Lead Systems Test Engineer - Mining Product Proving Grounds in Tucson, Arizona
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As the Lead Systems Test Engineer you will be the primary GE point of contact at the customer's testing facility.
In this role you will:
• Recommend Test approach to verify and validate designs for off highway vehicles
• Execute Test plans, including extensive set-up involving various types of instrumentation
• Coordinate Test activity with internal, external labs and at customers site
• Maintain instrumentation, tools and spare parts at customer site, coordinate calibration cycle, insure proper instrumentation is available when needed.
• Formulate and implement test plans to achieve technical requirements, schedule and contract commitments
• Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to issues
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated during validation for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with sound system engineering policies and procedures
• Coordinate test requests and reports for testing performed on customer site.
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
• Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time, for durations upto 3 weeks
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other Engineering Discipline
• 3 years of experience in an Engineering or instrumentation / validation position
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with power electronics instrumentation and testing
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with Rotating Equipment, Mechanical Drive Trains, or instrumentation / validation methods
• Experience testing vehicle control systems
• Experience with multi-location teams involved in design and validation activities
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems (strain guage, thermocouple, manometer, air flow test equipment)
• Ability to install instrumentation on large mobile equipment. This includes climbing ladders, running cables, changing components with basic hand tools.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Experience developing reports in Excel
Locations: United States; Arizona; Tucson
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.