General Electric Senior Manufacturing Projects & Initiatives Manager in Tianjin, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Perform the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. Includes Service Shops. Seasoned and deep understanding of concepts, approaches and methodology used. Deep expertise on the level of a technological field.
• Responsible for interfacing with all GE businesses and plants in China to identify the biggest needs and opportunities around manufacturing execution system, manufacturing process improvement & automation, and manufacturing operation optimization.
• Work closely with program managers and manufacturing engineers from different business segment to develop integrated solution for business partners and external customers.
• Execute projects and programs in concert with GE Plants that result in lower costs, Improved Quality, and Enable new products and new processes.
• Lead the activity to implement the developed technology and integrated technology solution around manufacturing executing system and automation using internal and contracted resources.
• Coordinate with a variety of stakeholders including GE Intelligent Platforms, Supply Chain leaders, GE Global Research Center, Product Engineering, GE IT to deliver solutions on time and under budget.
• Grow technical talent and competency of manufacturing engineers across GE China, through training, creation of process standards and through technical support.
• Support NPI’s with design for manufacturing, drawing and process/tooling reviews as part of program milestones.
• Represent GE China to interact with Customers, Government and Academia through tours, training and collaboration, build partnership working mechanism with government and external industrials, identify external manufacturing technology to deliver productivity and enable better new product designs.
• Master degree or above, major in industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering or related. R&D experience in manufacturing system and digital solution is plus.
• 5+ Year experience in intelligent shop manufacturing systems, lean management.
• Experienced in Lean and Six Sigma methods.
• Strong experience in manufacturing processes and shop operation, and have solid shop floor working experience.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Locations: China; TianJin; Tianjin
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.