GE Pump Technician - Swift Current in Swift Current, Saskatchewan
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 37,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Making the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity our highest priorities is The Way We Work. Our technologies and services include: surface and subsea drilling and production, monitoring and diagnostics, measurement and controls, large-scale LNG, pipeline compression and inspection, well site and industrial power generation, technologies for the refining and petrochemical industries, and modular CNG and LNG units for transportation sectors. Through our customized service solutions, training programs and technologies, GE Oil & Gas partners with customers to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability; develop their next generation workforce; and fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.
Quinn Pumps Canada is a world leading manufacturer and Service Company exclusively dedicated to rod pumping systems. Product innovations and development make Quinn Pumps unparalleled in today's marketplace for troubleshooting and specialty pump applications. Rod and pumping system design programs
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Pump Technician - Swift Current
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Canada
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Pump Technician will report to the Store Manager and will play an important role servicing customers at site in and around the area.
• Pick-up and delivery of pumps while following established guidelines for transportation.
• Tear down and repair of Bottom Hole Pumps, inspection of pumps for corrosion wear and pitting, air testing, pump out procedures used in the repairs.
• Maintains warehouse in an orderly manner and other duties as assigned.
• Build new and repair reciprocating Bottom Hole Pumps. Test Progressive Cavity Pumps and repair or replace various top drive components.
• Ensures compliance with all Environmental, Health & Safety procedures
• Performs general store, shipping, receiving and counter duties as assigned by the Store Manager
• Participate in on-call and overtime as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School GED (General Education Diploma) or equivalent
• Be mechanically inclined
• Eager to learn
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the country in which the position is located
• Strong attention to detail and complete resolution
• Ability to work with multiple and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision
• Strong customer service mindset
• Oilfield Experience would be an asset