General Electric EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) Engineer - Aviation in Subang, Malaysia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The EHS Engineer will provide site support to a fixed facility. Within this role, you will apply your environmental, health & safety knowledge and expertise to solve problems, develop & execute objectives for yourself & others, while having the ability to effect short & long term business goals or projects.
• Providing input into Site Environmental Health & Safety Leader and / or site leadership on EHS concerns
• Initiating & influencing integration of EHS policies & practices into the business
• Leading implementation of EHS programs and procedures to ensure compliance
• Developing & maintaining general knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
• Performing program reviews, EHS assessments and driving closure of corrective actions to ensure compliance
• Completing regulatory reporting requirements
• Champion incident / accident investigation processes and drive closure of corrective actions
• Perform program reviews, EHS assessments and drive closure of corrective actions to ensure compliance, and continuous improvement
• Drive the site safety culture by leading a multi-functional safety team and providing safety and environmental training to others, perform inspections of equipment, tools and facility for compliance with GE policy and Governmental safety and Environmental regulations
• Supervise and mentor EHS professional to implement EHS management system and develop high performing EHS teams to operationalize EHS ownership: safety, ergonomics, and emergency response teams
• Supporting site EHS requirements for new product development
• Monitors EH&S regulation and other Malaysian Law which is applicable to the Company and recommends and implements programs to ensure Company is in compliance with all regulations.Reviewing chemicals purchase, handling, storage, waste disposal, manages scheduled waste store and others
• Other tasks assigned by manager.
• Degree in Science/ Environmental/Health/Safety Engineering or equivalent.
• Preferably 4 years experience in Environmental/Health/Safety or equivalent.
• Certified in Scheduled Waste Management (CePSWaM) (optional).
• Required skill(s): Safety compliance and auditing, knowledge of governmental regulations and applicable standards such as OSHA, NIOSH, OH&S systems and industry “best practices”, Effective written and oral communication skills, Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
•Able to work independently, self-motivated, committed and with good interpersonal & communication skills.
•Possesses hands-on attitude, confident, results-orientated and articulate well
•Proactive, self-starter and willing to work in a growing environment.
•Able to work under pressure and adapt to change.
•Ability to influence others and lead small teams
•Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
•Effective problem identification and solution skills
•Proven analytical and organizational ability
•Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE (e.g., regulatory agencies)
•Ability to lead process implementation in a teaming environment
•Knowledge of environmental regulations
•Risk Reduction Techniques
•Process Safety Management
Locations: Malaysia; Subang
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.