GE Materials Co-ordinator in Stafford, United Kingdom
GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Grid solutions' worldwide HVDC Centre of Excellence in Stafford, UK, provides complete turn-key solutions for the rapidly-growing global HVDC market. Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Test Laboratories and R&D are all located in Stafford.
Posted Position Title
Materials and Production Planning
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
The Material Co-ordinator is responsible for controlling the creation, procurement and movement of hardware and components within the Engineering department and its associated stores. The successful candidate will manage GE materials to ensure the efficient logistical movement, storage and test/repair of hardware to support these engineering functions.
This role is a key interface between Engineering, Sourcing and procurement functions so strong communication skills are essential. Not only will the position focus on the day to day operations of material co-ordination, but we are looking to hire someone who can support the business continuous improvement ethos and contribute to business process improvements.
It would be preferable if the successful candidate had a post GCSE qualification such as A-Levels, GNVQ Level 3, HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (e.g engineering, business, materials management).
• Previous experience in a related Materials coordination role in Engineering / Manufacturing organisations.
• Experience of procurement in a Project environment.
• Basic knowledge of engineering drawings and interpretation of engineering change (ECN) and their effects on BoMs and Manufacturing Data Packs.
• Ability to prioritise tasks across all projects in line with the business needs.
o Ability to follow defined processes and given instructions
o Contribute to process improvements in relation to the materials coordination role
• Proactive approach to tasks and confident communicator
• Good organisational skills in relation to data, information and inventory (for example 5s methodology).
• SAP knowledge (Material Management module) would be desirable.
• Reasonable level of IT Literacy – in particular Microsoft packages (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)