GE Head of Project Execution in Stafford, United Kingdom
GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Head of Project Execution
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
Grid Automation Head of Project Engineering is responsible of the operational performance of GA Unit. He is in charge of leading project & Product portfolios, delivering projects, reaching financial and operational KPIs, coordinating tasks with other departments. He is supported by PMO function (when applicable).
Main tasks include:
• Projects execution using GA methods and tools
• Contract administration
• Customer relationships and claim management
• Units forecast/budget preparation and units’ operational performance monitoring
• People management, Safety and Integrity monitoring
• Apply project management best practices within the unit
• Coordinate with all departments involved in overall unit performance
• Monitor and communicate an overview of unit activity and performance
• Manage project and contract administration teams performance
• Coordinate operations and business activities across unit/region departments, with Grid regions and Product Line central teams
• Be a major actor to Compliance & EHS/Safety actions and performance: be fully compliant with GE rules and processes. Ensure the application of the GE financial instructions and the Grid Automation instructions in Sales, Delivery and Support Units. Participate to EHS monitoring actions, perform HSV
• Follow GE compliance Policies (‘The Spirit and The Letter’) and promote open reporting
• Consolidate and monitor outputs from monthly and quarterly project reviews.
• Monitor full Project Portfolio control including all operational and financial indicators (GM, sales, cash)
• Drive portfolio financial and operations management (with PMO when applicable)
• Define priorities in accordance with unit or PL strategy
• Deploy project management processes and tools (with PMO when applicable)
• Launch improvement actions to reach operations excellence. Share of Best Practices and Returns on Experience (RoE) within the Region/PL. Coordinate with Global Operations, Quality and other central functions
• Project organization setup, staffing and workload management, Trainings, projects closing…
• Coordinate communication between departments (Finances, Engineering, contract administration, contract management, sourcing and Quality)
• Insure customer intimacy, coordinate with management and sales team to build claim strategy
• Build, lead & coach project engineering team
• Quality and Continuous Improvement for the operations unit
• Manage the Key Performance Indicators and prepare the business reviews of the region. Explain actuals compared to monthly/quarterly/yearly forecasts.
• Leader on GPREV process
• Leader on Cash forecast and Cash-push process
• Consolidate and challenge unit investment requirement
• Prepare unit budget from the market assessment to the consolidation reporting. Validate the figures from the order intake to the IFO and Cash.
SUPPORT TO REGION AND UNITS
• Assist in Region governance reviews such as Monthly Business Reviews, Project Portfolio Review, Budget
• Ensure participation to Grid Automation governance meetings: monthly GPREV calls, monthly region calls, drive monthly projects portfolio management and reviews including BCR management and anticipation of customer issues
• Support the UMD on any issues within the region such as quality, instruction deployment in units, financial analysis, market analysis
• Interact with central team to monitor financial result delivery. When required, explain the results of the region.
• Contribute and lead integration activities as per the Grid Automation integration plans. Ensure the application of the Go to Market strategy and delivery model in the region
.• Master’s degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university or college.
• Engineering and Business knowledge, with experience in Automation activities
• Proven experience in project, business or financial management
• Fully fluent in English and preferably also French speaking
• Energy and Automation background is required
• Willingness to travel 20%
• Previous work experience in multi-cultural environment and matrix organization (preferably with an expatriate experience)
• Proven Leadership under direct management
• Strong business acumen, result driven, demanding and persevering
• Expertise required in: finance, project management and control, contract management, customer relationships, team management and development
• High energy, positive individual relishing operational challenges
• Proactivity and reactivity