GE Continuous Improvement Leader in Stafford, United Kingdom
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Continuous Improvement Leader
Lean Six Sigma
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
Drive the deployment of Lean principles in the factory and build engagement for teams in order to introduce a lean cultural mindset through the reduction of waste throughout the whole organisation.
• With the Service Centre team define yearly Lean objectives and build up improvement action plan.
• Ensure Lean methods and tools implementation and acceptance within the factory, in line with the Lean deployment programme.
• Carry out Lean analysis within the factory to evaluate improvement activities and identify further needs.
• Through analysis of business issues and objectives deploy Lean principles and tools by conducting training/coaching – overriding objective is to aim for sustainable implementation of lean in the factory with ownership by line managers and employees.
• Support manufacturing processes improvements; identify and implement best practices within the factory, together with the factory management team.
• Conduct Shop-floor audits in the factory.
• Propose tools, standards and contribute to maturity model updates.
• Prepare and participate in events of the lean community.
• Organise and realise external benchmark about Lean Manufacturing subjects, promote good practices in the network.
• Promote the interests and image of the Company at all times and behave according to the GE Spirit & The Letter
• To act according to the regulatory requirements of those bodies to which the organisational unit wishes to be accredited, e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 17025.
• To act according to defined Environmental, Health and Safety instructions, including general and company own rules.
• To undertake any other duty and responsibility as may be required by the Line Manager
• Good educational standard, degree level or equivalent preferable.
• Six Sigma or Lean Management experience.
• Project Management experience.
• Industrial training and qualification.
• Professional experience in the area of production, preferably for new equipment and service.
Managing and influencing people without direct hierarchical link.
Change Management experience.