GE Japan Industry Sales Director - Life Sciences in Shinjuku-ku, Japan
Healthcare Life Sciences
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Japan Industry Sales Director - Life Sciences
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Japan
Life Sciences Japan Industry Sales Director will lead a team of Sales Representatives and Key Account Manager owning over JPY 7B of revenue in the industrial customer segment.
The position reports to Life Sciences Japan General Manager.
This position will be responsible for the Japan Life Sciences Industry Sales to include:
• Develop and define growth initiatives and operating plans in concert with Marketing, Service, Applications Specialists, Business Operation, and Finance to accomplish targeted revenue and margin goals.
• Develop the Sales team to master Outcome Selling (Solution Selling) and Account Planning
• Engage and manage horizontal teams including global Modality teams to ensure that our offering maximize the value to customers
• Coordinate and manage the opportunity pipeline to maximize revenue and streamline forecasting while maintaining accuracy
• Coordinate marketing strategy that informs Life Science customers of GE's presence and offerings such that we become service provider of choice by driving VOC (Voice of Customer).
• Strong understanding of various Sales models and how to grow revenues and margin
• Continuously challenge and seek new business models to expand product offerings (both tangible and intangible) that will meet the needs of customers across various market segments (government, academic, pharmaceutical research and manufacturing)
• Active member of the Japan Commercial organization working across business and functional areas with a focus on meeting changing customer demands and delivering business objectives.
• Accountable for positive leadership and culture of the Japan team through ongoing direction, coaching, and career development of leaders. Leads and cultivates a culture of GE believes and integrity.
. Own Sales training, coordinate NPI launch readiness, cost saving, and EHS/compliance initiatives, including the EHS performance review and compliance review. Implement system, process, and people productivity plans required to enable pole simplification and success.
• Create an environment of inclusive leadership where diverse thought drives new ideas and actions that grows the business and members of the team.
10 or more years of Leadership experience
10 or more years of sales or commercial-related operations
Proven experience leading a project or team, managing customer relationships
Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives
Exceptional interpersonal skills
Proven team builder and leader
Strong financial acumen
Proficiency in Japanese and English
Experience working in matrix organization
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Prior field sales or field service experience