GE VP Risk Management (Underwriting) in Shannon, Ireland
Capital Aviation Financial Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GECAS is the U.S. and Irish commercial aircraft financing and leasing business of GE. It is the global leader in aircraft financing, offering the widest range of aircraft types from helicopters to wide body jets and financing options including operating leases and secured debt financing. With 40+ years of industry experience, GECAS currently leases more than 1,570 aircraft to over 235 customers in 75 countries and also provides productivity solutions including spare engine leasing, aviation consulting services, and spare parts financing and management. A unit of GE Capital, GECAS stays close to its customers with offices in 24 cities around the world. (www.GECAS.com)
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
VP Risk Management (Underwriting)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ireland
Based in Shannon & supporting a global team, this role will be a key part of the GECAS deal teams. Successful candidates will ideally have proven experience writing major commercial deals within the aviation, shipping, investment banking or commercial lending environment with strong credit review and/or risk analysis exposure. In addition, they will lead cross functional deal teams from a risk management perspective in deal due diligence, know your customer, negotiation, approval & documentation
• Lead for risk in the underwriting and approval of new credit requests, credit line renewals for existing customers, and on-going monitoring of the current portfolio with specific focus on customers in Europe and Canada.
• Prepare and review deal papers which will be presented to senior management for approval of a variety of operating lease, purchase lease back and restructuring transactions.
• Review of transaction documents to ensure adequate structure in accordance with approvals and coordinating as necessary with Deal Team functional experts.
• Proactively determine portfolio threats, and manage problem and delinquent accounts on a portfolio basis.
• Negotiate terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
• Support large, complex transaction underwriting and documentation through direct involvement.
• Prepare risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate political, legal, regulatory, and other risks.
• Portfolio management of existing accounts, performing rigorous analysis of transactions, and resolving problem accounts in partnership with other teams and specialists
• Bachelor's Degree with proven years of credit analysis experience in commercial lending or investment businesses or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of commercial lease and / or loan transactions and financial statement analysis
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must submit resume throughwww.gecareers.comto be considered for this job opening.
• Applicant must have unrestricted authorization to work in Ireland.
• Applicant must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification and background check.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. MBA degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Be willing and able to travel globally, at short notice. Travel likely to be up to 50% of time over certain periods and occasionally over weeks, with flexibility of working week required.
• Experience with the aviation leasing & finance business would be a strong advantage.