GE Manufacturing Engineer in Shannon, Ireland
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ireland
A Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for maintaining the processes necessary to manufacture ultrasonic and eddy current transducers. In addition, a qualified individual will support ongoing manufacturing operations and new product introductions.
• Maintain BOMs, routers, assembly procedures, test procedures and specifications, and current standards for products released to manufacturing
• Provide project management for in-sourcing and out-sourcing initiatives
• Work with the transducer engineering teams, application specialists, and quality department to improve process stability and product quality
• Work with the transducer engineering teams to ensure successful new product introductions with acceptable yield and good manufacturability
• Provide emergency assistance for repair and maintenance of production equipment
• Initiate cost reduction projects with supply chain leaders and sourcing department on a continuing basis
• Aid in the design and enhancement of the shop floor control system to reduce cost, lead times, and increase throughput
• Provide technical production support for all transducer manufacturing/engineering departments.
• Suggest and implement quality improvements in the transducer production areas and initiate/participate in lean activities
• BSEE/ME/ChemE or equivalent degree in a related field of manufacturing or engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Willingness to travel globally as needed