GE Global Risk Associate in Shannon, Ireland
Capital Aviation Financial Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GECAS is the U.S. and Irish commercial aircraft financing and leasing business of GE. It is the global leader in aircraft financing, offering the widest range of aircraft types from helicopters to wide body jets and financing options including operating leases and secured debt financing. With 40+ years of industry experience, GECAS currently leases more than 1,570 aircraft to over 235 customers in 75 countries and also provides productivity solutions including spare engine leasing, aviation consulting services, and spare parts financing and management. A unit of GE Capital, GECAS stays close to its customers with offices in 24 cities around the world. (www.GECAS.com)
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Global Risk Associate
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ireland
Support deal teams through analysing, closing & funding of commercial transactions. Assist in various aspects of the underwriting process from initial structuring & pricing through proposal issuance & acceptance to final closing. Manage/monitor portfolio a/cs
This is a training program role of 24 months duration focused on development of broad business knowledge together with strong credit & asset expertise to effectively support GECAS underwriting activities across Core,GEEL,PK & Milestone
• Prepare company and industry research and analysis.
• Analyze financial statements, prepare reports and present and defend analysis to management, as required.
• Perform valuation analysis for projects and companies, and prepare full financial projects and financial models for project valuation.
• Conduct financial modeling to determine operating performance and assess risk.
• Develop strategies to mitigate on-going risk.
• Review, assimilate, and critically summarize transaction-related documents.
• Manage accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
• Monitor and report on assigned portfolio.
• Represent risk in transaction & account management deal teams, lead underwriting, restructuring, and repossession; participate in commercial negotiations, closing and funding for aviation finance products, portfolio management as required.
• •Account management; maintain up-to-date information, proactively monitor/analyze financial & commercial fitness & determine credit ratings for a portfolio of customers, market sectors and countries; Including keeping SURE (proprietary customer database) current & accurate.
• Review transaction documentation to ensure adequate structure in accordance with approval, coordinating as necessary with other functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree with some years of experience in finance or banking industries with exposure to large commercial transaction underwriting or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Experience in financial statement analysis and reporting, financial modeling, valuations and assessing risk exposure.
• Willing and able to travel globally at short notice (30% of the time)
• Excellent interpersonal skills in addition to oral and written communication/presentation skills
• You must apply via COS (internals) orwww.gecareers.com(externals) to be considered for this position
• Work authorization in Ireland/EU
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
• Must be able to travel if necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Experience with evaluating legal documentation.
• Experience in Aviation leasing and finance would be a strong advantage