GE Sr UX Design Technologist in Shanghai, China
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Sr UX Design Technologist
Design and User Experience
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available China
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Works on or leads highly complex projects that require an in-depth knowledge across two or more specialized user experience domains. Works as an individual contributor, project leader, or internal consultant.
In this role, you will:
• Participate in and begins to influence the business-wide discussions relative to the future direction of design and user experience
• Participates in and leads team discussions relative to current user experience projects
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
• Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, and requirements engineering
• Begin to lead research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
• Bachelor or above Degree in Design or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
• (Include any technical skills)
• Leads individual interviews/workshop with individual contributors.
• Creates research protocols with guidance. Selects appropriate research methods to answer questions and develop holistic understanding of user and customer needs.
• Facilitates group understanding of research data; leverages data to derive actionable insights.
• Identifies appropriate synthesis techniques to meet the needs of specific business and design situations.
• Understands the existing architecture of or application and our design system. Understands what constitutes a well-defined technical architecture.
• Demonstrates knowledge of business’ structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals.
• Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc. Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics.
• Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
• Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
• Creates basic project plans for UX projects or the UX portion of a larger development project. Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Keeps participants focused on task and end process. Guides participation to include all present; solicits information about absent stakeholders.
• Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
• Understands the value of a rigorous and transparent decision-making process.
• Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain
• Directs and mentors others in critical thinking skills. Helps cross-functional teams use critical thinking skills to engage with questions and problems.
• Asks questions appropriate needed to translate an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions. Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
• Takes initiative to learn new tools and techniques and integrates new methods to drive improved outcomes.