GE Software Engineer in Shanghai, China
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available China
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
In this role, you will:
• Participate technical defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Be able to understand product requirements & vision and translate requirements / vision into user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Understand and practice world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team
• Be able to clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Proactively share information across the team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Software Development OR Master’s degree with 1 years of experience
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel internationally
• Professional experience with languages: Node.js or Go.
• Professional experience with frameworks: AngularJS, Bootstrap, Polymer or react
• Understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills