GE Project Manager in Shanghai, China
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Services Project Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available China
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Project Management/Planning/Coordinating activities typically in the context of a production or services project to fulfill a customer order or need according to financial/commercial parameters and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Your job scope will be on leading the execution of Wind Turbine installation Projects as well as Turnkey Wind Turbine Projects. You will develop strategies to resolve project issues and execute change orders. In this role you interface across GE Wind matrix with engineering, sourcing, finance and logistics regarding project execution matters:
• Lead cross-functional Project Teams and be fully responsible for project schedule, budget and profitability.
• Be the single point of contact for the customer on all project matters and represent GE Wind Energy in front of customers (externally) as required on all project related issues and question.
• Represent the customer to GE Wind (internally) for project specific issues.
• Ensure safe, compliant and successful execution of all project obligations.
• Coordinate and perform administrative activities as per relevant PM processes, including developing of project budgets, track site activities, manage component deliveries, indirect purchases, manpower levels, project schedules, Invoicing, bank/payment guarantees, requisitions, documentation requirements etc.
• Participate in process & quality improvement and business initiatives and provide feedback on lessons learned to other departments.
• Assist with project execution input in support of Proposal Development and assist the Proposal Manager to develop executable & competitive proposals
• Bachelor Degree in Technical or Business discipline
• Significant experience in Project Management, Manufacturing or other Operations intensive field
• Proven ability to drive projects and initiatives to completion within acceptable time frame
• Ability to lead and succeed in an matrix environment
• Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse audience
• Fluent Chinese and English language skills
• Demonstrable financial acumen and business savvy
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Ability to Travel up to 35%, especially to Pakistan and Kenya and other countries out of China as per business development
• Thorough competency in Microsoft Office
• Six Sigma Greenbelt Certified (GE employees only)