GE Java Developer in Shanghai, China
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available China
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role you will:
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
•Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
Hands-on experience in web application development using Spring framework (Spring core, Spring Data JPA, Spring Web MVC, etc.)
Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
Experiences in software product installation, troubleshooting, building, deployment, commissioning, configuring, etc.
2+ years software development and integrated solution development experiences
Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
Experience with micro-service development using Spring boot or Apache Camel is a plus
Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
Continuously measures deliverables of self