GE Electronics Test Engineer - eCOE in Shanghai, China
Corporate Supply Chain & Operations
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Electronics Test Engineer - eCOE
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available China
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Electronics Test Engineer is recognized as a key technology leader within the test and manufacturing engineering domain at GE. This position is responsible for supporting test equipment transfer, stewardship, and support for EMS suppliers. The test engineer will also support global design, documentation, and deployment efforts related to GE standardized electronics test platforms at EMS suppliers, in support of the GE Electronics COE and GE business-wide electronics test initiatives.
• Collaborate with key GE business and eCOE stakeholders to support electronics test equipment and test process transfers between EMS suppliers.
• Collaborate with global eCOE test team to contribute to GE standard test platform hardware and software architecture design and deployment. Support training of EMS suppliers on the use of GE standard test platform technologies.
• Implement standard data reporting methods, scripts, etc. at EMS suppliers to connect digital threads to the GE Data Lake.
• Manage in-region GE test equipment stewardship at EMS suppliers, and act as the GE escalation point for issues related to structural/functional test failures.
• Regularly review and manage top test risks at EMS suppliers. Drive elimination of test gaps (yield/escapes), improved test equipment utilization, and rapid test issue resolution to mitigate fulfilment risks.
• Drive continuous improvement in electronics test optimization at EMS suppliers for best test coverage.
• Collaborate with and influence the Manufacturing Test Technology Council (MTTC).
• Collaborate and lead in a global environment, across cultures, geographies, and time zones.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GE Quality Manuals, Quality Management Systems, Quality Management Policies, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements.
• B.S. Degree Electrical Engineering, Automation, or related engineering discipline
• 5+ years industrial experience in test equipment development for electronics testing
• Experience developing electronics structural test (ICT, Flying Probe, Boundary Scan)
• Experience developing electronics test fixtures (electro-mechanical fixtures)
• National Instruments LabView and TestStand software, and NI PXI hardware experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead/execute manufacturing technology or automation projects
• Experience developing equipment documentation deliverables such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
• Demonstrated technical, troubleshooting, analytical, and planning expertise
• Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Willingness to travel up to 50%
• 7+ years industrial experience in test equipment development for electronics testing
• Experience developing DFT assessments using tools such as Vayo, Testway, or Valor.
• Experience with systems networking, database development, and remote access
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Demonstrated Lean/Six-Sigma practitioner or certification
• Experience driving high impact manufacturing productivity projects
• Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (i.e. medical, aviation)
• Able to work under minimal supervision