General Electric Edison Engineering Development Program - EEDP in Shanghai, China
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
The Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is BHGE’s entry-level training program for high potential engineering professionals seeking for a fast-paced career in engineering, who share with us a passion for technology, and a drive for both technical excellence, innovation and the improvement of business skills. The EEDP experience offers exposure to high-level management and cross-functional interaction along with hands-on technical and soft skills development.
EEDP is a challenging two-year rotational program committed to developing engineers through intense technical trainings and a variety of business-critical assignments.
Experienced technologists, project leaders/managers will mentor your work and will participate in leadership and technical training. EEDPs should finish the job assignments and meet the evaluation criteria in each rotation. They need to complete Advanced Course in Engineering classes and Corporate Trainings defined in the program, as well as the associated homework and projects with required quality rating.
EEDP provides an excellent opportunity in furthering your knowledge base in an area of your expertise and in having a broader technical exposure to new technologies or processes.
• Master’s Degree or above, either mechanical or software background in engineering, degrees in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Control, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Material, etc.
• Fresh graduates or engineering working experience less than 2 years
• Demonstrated Academic excellence
• Passion for engineering with strong technical attitude, innovation spirit, and an analytical approach to problem solving
• Strong commitment to a career in technology
• Self-motivated, self-confident team player with mature & positive attitude and fast learning ability
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Bilingual proficiency in English and Mandarin
• Geographically mobile
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experiences in the related field
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.