GE Lead Project Management Specialist - Industrial Solutions in Seongnam, South Korea
GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Lead Project Management Specialist - Industrial Solutions
Project Operations and Programs
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Korea, Republic of
The Lead Project Management Specialist (LPMS) – Industrial Solutions (South Korea) is Project Management Leader, with ability to lead project management activities primarily in South Korea.
• By utilizing skills in electrical engineering and project management this position will assist the Region OTR (Order to Remit) Leader in driving Project Execution excellence, customer satisfaction, developing and implementing project management processes, achieving region project performance metrics for Industrial Solutions projects.
• Products within the typical project scope include LV and MV switchgear, distribution transformers and busway, with projects ranging in complexity from simple loose product supply to full supply and commissioning of switch rooms.
• The LPMS will be responsible for driving growth for project services in the region, and it is part of Global Customer Excellence organization of Industrial Solutions business.
• Plan and implement GE Industrial Solutions projects - electrical distribution / electrical balance of plant (eBOP) projects in South Korea and North Asia region including Japan.
• Acts as primary customer contact for the duration of each project and ensures customer satisfaction through commissioning; resolving specification issues; handling correspondence and providing periodic updates.
• Negotiates/coordinates with Commercial/Sales staff as appropriate for customer-requested changes. (specification, price and delivery)
• Coordinates field service activities and manages suppliers contract as part of project execution requirement.
• Manages and reports all financial aspects of the project including budgets, costs, margin, invoicing, and receivable collection.
• Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution with various functional teams to meet project targets.
• Develops and maintains project schedule and regularly communicates to stakeholders.
• Directs and administers project-related activities so as to ensure that projects are completed on-time, within internal and external quality/specification requirements, in accordance to regional OTR SOP.
• Manage network of resources (including factory, engineering, customers, partner companies, contractors, logistics service providers) in support of project execution.
• Facilitates project closeout reporting and meetings.
• Manages deviation, drives change orders during project execution.
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to customer and satisfy our profitability requirement.
• Help the sales teams understand delivery capability and participates in the ITO (Inquiry To Order) proposal process on large / complex projects.
• Develops deep applications engineering knowledge for the relevant projects, understands manufacturing capabilities and can source necessary products and services.
• Attend FAT for key projects.
• Bachelor’s degree. (electrical engineering discipline required)
• Proven experience in managing Power Distribution (MV/LV) and Power Delivery Equipment (Transformer & Busway) projects.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
• Solid understanding of project accounting, basic financial concepts and measurements.
• Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent English language proficiency (both written and spoken); ability to speak Mandarin is an added advantage.
• 30% travel required.
• Proven leadership skills in a matrix organization.
• Minimum 5 years of proven experience in project management.
• Experience in engineering / manufacturing will be an advantage.
• Sales and/or customer interface experience.
• SAP Enterprise Software experience is preferred.
• Project management software experience.