GE Commercial Leader, Renewables in Seongnam, South Korea
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Commercial Leader, Renewables
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Korea, Republic of
The main focus of the Commercial Leader, Renewables role is to develop winning strategies to close profitable and executable orders for the highly competitive On-shore Wind segment of the Renewables Business. The region is Japan and Korea.
• Develop winning strategies to close profitable and executable orders for the highly competitive On-shore Wind segment of the Renewables Business.
• Mobilize and lead multifunctional and global support teams to implement the transaction strategy on complex, multi-million dollar transactions. Functions include Application Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Finance, Global Projects Operation, EHS, Contract and Legal Support.
• Lead the preparation and submission of firm bids, contract negotiation, and complete project handover from Inquiry to Order (ITO) to Order to Remittance (OTR).
• Provide commercial support to the Renewables Sales team for budgetary proposals and studies during opportunity development.
• Provide technical, profitability, and commercial inputs to support the Risk Management processes (R0-R1-R2-R3) for transactions.
• Support achievement of Commercial Team metrics related to proposal transactions.
• Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent. Major in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
• An MBA or relevant post graduate qualifications would be highly regarded.
• Minimum 5 years commercial experience with thermal/wind power plant products.
• Demonstrated experience in bid preparation and contract negotiation for Thermal/Renewable power plant projects.
• Demonstrated experience in project management and execution for Thermal/Renewable power plant projects.
• Highly motivated team player, self-starter with strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated evidence of successful commercial performance in a matrix management structure.
• Ability to perform effectively in a non-hierarchical, team type environment.
• Ability to travel as required domestically with some international travel in the ASEAN region.
• Fluency in English and Korean.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.