GE Risk & Contractual Services Senior Portfolio Analyst in Schenectady, New York
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Risk & Contractual Services Senior Portfolio Analyst
Service Contract Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Risk & Contractual Services Senior Portfolio Analyst will own and lead the Contract Margin Review (CMR) process globally, ensuring valuable feedback across business functions. Through prioritized CMR reviews, expert facilitation, feedback sessions, and metrics & reporting, the Senior Portfolio Analyst will highlight risk within the Wind Services Contractual portfolio, and provide the forum for risk mitigation strategy discussion and action planning.
The Senior Portfolio Analyst will ensure that the focus of the CMR process is global, that the needs of the cross-functional audience are being met, and that continual improvement is being woven into processes and the mindset of the Contract Analyst and Risk team.
As the Risk & Contractual Services Senior Portfolio Analyst, you will:
• Establish the CMR schedule for all poles, focusing on highest risk, $ value and number of units, and ensuring regional availability to support
• Ensure annual CMR coverage is prioritized, and global volume is balanced
• Oversee Contract Analyst workload and review preparation to ensure rigorous, consistent, accurate and high quality portfolio reviews globally
• Own definition of compliant CMR processes, ensuring thorough documentation, process maps, checklists and templates are available to enable replicability
• Execute the Wind Services global Contract Margin Review (CMR) process for assigned long-term service contracts
• Lead continual improvement of CMR process, soliciting input from Risk team and cross-functional CMR audience to refresh and enhance the value to the business
• Continue to expand risk assessment methods and processes to cover new contractual products, and respond to business needs e.g. PowerUp, country reviews etc.
• Act as Wind Services contract risk expert for business specific needs, including coaching of Contract Analysts and regional deep-dives
• Provide functional risk training to regional Contract Management, Site Managers and Risk teams
• Ensure Contract Analyst compliance to CMR results documentation and retention
• Create standardized metrics and collate Risk and CMR quarterly summaries for report to leadership; enable portfolio analysis, highlighting risk to business
• Own policy 6.0 and annual update, metrics, inputs, and leadership report out
• Ensure findings and actions of CMR reviews are documented and follow-up on as appropriate
• Facilitate feedback to ITO (Inquiry to Order) contract language / modelling assumptions, engineering, finance, and operational, including the sharing of best practices
• Liaise with the contract management team on contract interpretation issues and supporting dispute resolution if appropriate
• Track new backlog additions and timing of contract start dates, to generate schedule for New Contract Review meetings
• Define New Contract Review process globally
• Provide expert input to automation project team, supporting efforts to digitize risk processes
• Drive risk evaluation and mitigation mindset in business
• Advocate for risk thinking from ITO through OTR (Order To Remittance)
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 7 years of finance or operations experience in field services including a minimum 5 years combined commercial experience with at least 2 years in risk or contractual service agreements
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree or Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, or Business from an accredited college or university
• Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills
• Strong leadership
• Interpersonal, and influencing skills required to gain commitment from peers and others within the organization
• Previous experience with Power Generation Services contract margin review and margin accounting
• FMP (Financial Management Program) graduate (GE employees only)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with exceptional presentation skills
• Strong controllership perspective and ability to understand complex accounting concepts
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion
• Demonstrated ability to think beyond the surface and to develop and execute improvement plans; results oriented
• Comfortable and confident in a matrix environment
• Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint experience, particularly pivot tables, advanced lookups, charts and data mining
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with a wide variety of organizations and individuals in global locations
• Track record of challenging the status quo and curiosity to learn new skills
• Six Sigma Black Belt / Master Black Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections