GE Controls Solutions Engineer in Schenectady, New York
Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Controls Solutions Engineer
Plant Systems Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Controls Solutions Engineer, you will closely collaborate with our internal and external customers, and work as part of a global technology team from inquiry through commercial plant operation. Our global technology team has a culture of technical system and domain depth, contemporary leadership, on-time quality execution and a strong customer-focused mindset driving Control Solutions.
The successful individual in this position will understand the entire control system as well as the fundamentals of turbine, generator, auxiliaries, and digital power plant operation and how these fundamental systems interact with the control system to deliver optimum value to the customer.
In addition, you will:
• Support a global engineering team in the requisition, design, structuring, validation and commissioning control systems for Digital Power Plant
• Develop and apply advanced control technologies to plant applications (i.e. HRSG, ST and BOP)
• Write, test and develop requirements for application code
• Provide input for assuring design execution quality and cycle efficiency
• Collaborate with Controls Global Design Leaders (GDLs), Project Controls Engineers (PCEs) Technical Leaders (TLs), Modelling Team and other members of the controls project team
• Drive strong sense of ownership, accountability and urgency within the team in meeting critical business metrics, including: Process Change Orders, On Time Deliverables, Drawings revisions, Request For Info, Power Answer Center (PAC), Customer Issue Resolution, Safety, Quality Management System, Compliance and on time plant commercial operations, working in Agile project tools
• Own and execute on deliverables to create value for our customers working in Agile Framework and Tools
• Drive regulatory compliance rigor and maintain a no-excuses leadership culture with integrity and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
• Participate in Acceptance Tests with customers
• Support site installations remotely and with occasional travel to customer sites
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Demonstrate ability to meet goals and objectives
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Demonstrate ability to independently drive projects to completion
• Experience in power generation requisition, working with customers, project management and Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC)
• Coursework and/or concentration in Controls Engineering
• Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, HRSG, and/or Plant controls knowledge / experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections