General Electric Technical Support Engineer I - PET in Santa Fe, New Mexico
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The PET Technical Support Engineer I (TSE I) drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence by providing technical support and counsel both remote and onsite to Field Engineers (FE’s), Client Service Technicians (CST’s), and Customers experiencing system performance issues.
• Use of the Individuals experience and knowledge to provide technical support to FE’s, CST’s, and customers that may include both remote and onsite support.
• Have a current working knowledge of modality products, service expertise, and remote tools. i.e. Common Service Desktop, CRM and others required to maintain “field advisor” status.
• Promote and utilize the GEHC escalation process as required. Taking the lead to define and support implementation of corrective action plans resulting in the resolution of customer issues in a timely manner.
• Work with Modality / Service Engineering, Product Engineering and field support specialists to drive product quality, serviceability, and resolve formal customer escalations.
• Utilize “Gameplan” tool to drive Service effectiveness. Contribute knowledge to the Problem Solution Database (PSDB).
• Willingness to contribute to the improvement of productivity tools utilizing idea generation, workout attendance, and projects as required.
• Provide “Field Advisor” feedback to Engineering in areas such as product serviceability and reliability, quality trend analysis, productivity program development and implementation, national modality program execution and new product introduction support.
• Manage and support improvements in business processes that maximize cost improvements, competitiveness and programs that enable continued business growth, i.e. Remote Connectivity which could be utilized to leverage service capabilities by improving remote troubleshooting and remote fix rates.
• Train FE's to ensure that technical and customer skills are up to date and meet the needs of the business. Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for FE modality training through the Service Quality Standard (SQS) training curriculum.
• Identify field process improvements such as pre-PM work, PM cycle time, remote TTR work, field-based technical training to support use of remote diagnostic troubleshooting tools and processes in the field.
• Identify field quality improvements to include hazardous/ non-hazardous complaints via Trackwise.
Must have consistently performed as an FE II, or an FE III, or the equivalent external to GEHC for a period of 7 years before consideration of promotion to TSE I.
Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems.
Exceptional teamwork, verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to extract applicable information during a troubleshooting process and use that information to help resolve issues remotely.
Demonstrated successful history of technical problem solving and resolution maintaining PET equipment, including proven experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
Applicant must be willing to work second shift and weekends as required by the position.
Experience with PET applications, Web applications, and the Microsoft suite of products.
Experience responding to the concerns of and interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
Travel to customer sites and support installations, FMIs and customer escalations (CSOs) 20% travel.
Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Special Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum 10 years of engineering experience as an FE II and/or FE III, or the equivalent external to GE with regards to the repair and maintenance of PET systems; demonstrated ability to handle/resolve difficult technical issues with advanced knowledge in applicable systems AND…
o High School Diploma/GED AND 8+ years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment, OR…
o Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering, or related field AND 5 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment OR…
o Equivalent military education to Associates or Bachelor's degrees AND 5 years of experience servicing mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
2 or 4 year degree in an Engineering discipline
Strong customer service skills.
Highly motivated team player.
Prior project or technical leadership experience.
Networking certification, or related networking experience
Basic financial analysis abilities
Lean / Six Sigma Certified
This role is for individuals with a comprehensive understanding of GE CT/PET systems to be utilized in a supportive and teaching role. Those with a fundamental or basic understanding of the product need not apply
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.