General Electric Manufacturing Specialist - Production Supervision in Sanand, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Perform the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. Includes Service Shops. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor’s Degree).
Oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees. Typically managing hourly employee populations. Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision. Works together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information. Works within a team setting and / or under guidance. Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis.
• Handling Shift, supporting technician technically.
• Developing & supporting team.
• Ensuring proper shop planning to achieve On Time Delivery and at Low production/manufacturing cost
• Adherence & implementation of EHS-Policy; Evaluation of work safety – and health / environmental risks in area of responsibility.
• Maintain healthy employee relations.
Key Performance Indicators
• Production schedules efficiently utilize all resources (equipment and people)
• On Time Delivery > 95% and reduction of prod./manufacturing cost on an average of 3%
• No Complaint within EHS-Roadmap and no accident (> 8h)
• Incident free employee environment.
• Proactive communication with direct reports, peers and line management
Diploma/ Degree in Engineering-Mechanical or Electrical
• EHS, Lean Manufacturing, TQM, TPM, ISO 9001-2004/2008
• Total Experience – 5 to 8 yrs.
• At least 3 to 4 years work experience within production areas. Must have handled @ 20 workmen shop for last 3 years minimum.
• Having experience of doing the Assembly of 660 MW & above Generator
• Strong Assembly Process knowledge along with the special tooling required for the process.
• Ability to understand Engineering drawings for manufacturing.
• Effective planning, organisation and presentation skills including the ability to prioritise and plan work.
• Strong Leadership skills/Interpersonal skills/Problem Solving abilities.
• Improvement of workflows and manufacturing processes
• Ability to coach technician in developing problem analysis and problem solving skills
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
• Experience in Generator Assembly manufacturing procedures.
• Capable to Handle internal / external audits.
Locations: India; Sanand
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.