General Electric Lead Manufacturing Specialist-Production Supervision in Sanand, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Preparation of production processes: adaptation of design documentation, preparation of workshop documentation and purchasing recommendations, supervising production processes. Continuous improvement of workshop production processes.
Oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees. Typically managing hourly employee populations. Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations. Works together with business leadership at SPB and EB level. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done. Delivers products as part of a team. Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
• Three (6) years of experience in heavy manufacturing sector
• Solid knowledge of detailed Generator- Stacking, winding, Assembly, Running test & Stator Bar manufacturing process
• Solid knowledge of quality requirements and quality checks in production
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings,
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and execute
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, confidentiality and the ability to communicate well with employees at all levels
• Solid computer skills including: Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SAP/Power Max
• Strong knowledge of the rules and regulations with respect to EHS
• Strong safety, quality, and teamwork orientation with a track record of dependability
• Demonstrated ability to adapt, be flexible, and maintain enthusiasm and focus under the demands of a fast-paced, multi-cultural, and often changing environment
B.E. (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Production ) with min 12-15 yrs experience/ Diploma in Mechanical/ Industrial production with 20 yrs experience
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Knowledge of the metric system, Solving Technical Problems
Locations: India; Sanand
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.