General Electric GE Power Digital Technology Leadership Program Internship in San Ramon, United States
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP) offers those with a passion for building game-changing software and information technology platforms an opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen and technical skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Program members lead by doing, gaining real-world experience by working on important and challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world.
10-12 week internship where candidates will have the opportunity to work with experienced GE experts in various locations; Experience working in cross-functional teams and with different GE businesses.
Work location may be flexible.
• Working towards a Bachelors or Masters Degree in CIS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security, ITM, Informatics, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Security and Risk Analysis or relevant STEM majors with experience in Software or IT experience or a minimum of 2 years experience in same area.
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent
• Must be geographically mobile as requested by business
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for software and information technology
• Up to date with the current industry standard and trending software and information technology development tools
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, IT or relevant area
• Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns, and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
• Effective use of data structures and algorithms.
• Ability to understand coding standards that meets and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Strong customer focus, ability to understand the value proposition for the customer and commitment to deliver the best value proposition
• Understand how businesses solve problems in specific domain areas using technology
• Engage positively across multiple departments and businesses to establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust in order to achieve business goals.
• Demonstrate program / project management skills working on and leading teams
• Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
• Contributes to creative solutions and challenges status quo
• Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption
Locations: United States; Georgia, Michigan, New York, Ohio; Schenectady, Atlanta, Detroit
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.