General Electric Senior Solution Architect in San Ramon, China
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Senior Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will collaborate with internal corporate development teams, pre-sales technical teams and commercial sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales of our platform and suite of Predictivity.
In this role, you will:
• Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs
• Create a “trusted business and technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s business department people, technologists and internal technical teammates
• Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape
• Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions
• Support Technical Cloud architecture to ensure proper solution industry and functional solution design
• Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally (and build a community) to train, mentor, guide through new solution architecture framework, esp the vertical cloud based industry solution
• Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions
• Interface with COE CTOs to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities
• Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
• Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
• Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the target GE Digital Strategy by deploying Predictivity Solutions in concert with other GE Products & Services
• Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
• Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• Minimum 10+ years’ work experience in Global Business and IT Consulting or Enterprise Software Company etc.
• Minimum 10+ years’ asset intensive industry experience
• Strong hands-on Management Design, System Implementation and business/data analytic experience on Asset Management, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Asset Life Cycle Data Management etc domain
• Familiar with Maximo, SAP-PM/QM/MM, Meridian, SmartSignal, etc Asset Management software
• Able to provide best practices in sales and insights on how to best leverage operations to achieve sales growth to GE leaders across businesses.
• Discovers, builds, proposes, and wins deals based on delivering impactful business outcomes for customers; A master at team selling; Possesses deep customer knowledge of the business lifecycle and cost/revenue model; Can illustrate how GE impacts the lifecycle; builds long-term, c-suite relationships with customers; Creates value through identifying outcomes that change expectations (followed with execution)
• Creates meaningful stories and combines ideas in unique ways and makes connections between disparate ideas.; Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize; Describes functional area information to leaders.
• Demonstrates expertise with cross-business unit solutions (GE Store). Ability to present an overview on all business unit solution areas.
• Recognize opportunities to align emerging tech with changing business climates. Envision future trends and design new solution sets to capitalize on opportunities.
• Develop solution architecture ‘starter kits’ to drive commercial adoption.
• Familiar with the technology stack including OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization etc. cloud concept and architecture
• Familiar with SaaS concept and architecture
• Exposure in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
• Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
• Strong Business Acumen and Business Value Driven thinking
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
• Demonstrate mastery of org models throughout GE, and expertise with Relationship Mapping, Strategy Mapping, for internal and external customers.
• Offers advice re: org structure, alignment, particularly with regard to GED continuous improvement efforts.
• Demonstrate success implementing Change Management program into an implementation plan for a single business unit solution and represents single process redesign.
• Communicates with peers in other organizations; Answers any question about GE and its products (including reference customers); Empathizes with customers to allow them to open up about pain, opportunities, and initiatives that are on the horizon; Strives to achieve the objectives of their particular business or department; Becomes a trusted advisor to customers and peers.
• Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; Assists customer in identifying shortcomings, even when they could delay a commercial decision; Utilizes GE experts to propose creative ways for the customer to master the critical success factors; Articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success
• Can express opposing views while simultaneously working through disagreements toward clarity, consensus (i.e., comfortable pushing back, saying ‘No’ to colleagues when further review / discussion is justified, particularly, Sales counterparts).
• Partners with software/analytics experts to advance their project/fields/discipline; Is an evangelist for using software/analytics tool in their project/field/discipline.
Locations: China; BeiJing, ShangHai; Beijing
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.