General Electric Product Sales Specialist - Neurology in San Francisco, California
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This position involves advancing two radiopharmaceutical imaging agents that can help Neurologists, Movement Disorder Specialists, Dementia Specialists and Radiologists visualize and characterize possible disease states like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. As a Neurology Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for selling Neurology Imaging products (i.e. DaTscan, DaTQuant and Vizamyl) to clinicians that treat movement
disorders and dementia.
• Develop business plans and execution strategies for key imaging centers and referring physicians
• Pre-call planning and in-call questioning to understand customer needs, craft solutions and drive utilization
• Collaborate with market access support teams to optimize payor contract implementation and satisfaction across imaging centers and hospitals
• Monitor territory plan performance, communicate results and action steps to all cross-functional partners
• Develop deep knowledge of the diagnostic algorithms and care pathways used by physicians to evaluate patients with neurodegenerative diseases who are being evaluated for Parkinson's Disease, Essential Tremors, Alzheimer's Disease or other causes of neurodegenerative decline.
• Understand and clearly communicate Life Sciences Neurology team’s strategy, goals and planning to all cross-functional team members and customers, including how our imaging scans fits into GE Healthcare vision and goals for better patient care
• Account Management of a cross-functional territory that includes opening up hospital/imaging centers to offer imaging services that utlize DaTscan and Vizamyl radiopharmaceuticals
• Generating patient referrals by educating community physicians and specialists (push/pull) about this new diagnostic tool via in-service, speaker programs, etc.
• Ability to create valuable relationships with key target convey valuable information in condensed timeframes, and creatively earn access rights to difficult to see physicians.
• Desire to work in start-up styled business where the drive to establish and grow market awareness of clinical tools and drive adoption is key to success.
• Compiling lists of prospective customers and sales leads. Follow up as necessary
• Working with account managers to increase prospects and drive closure of opportunities
• Making cold calls to potential customers where required
• Providing pricing strategy, managing contracts, and insuring pricing compliance for segment opportunities
• Deliver solutions. Sell and manage relationship with between assigned pharmacies and customers
• Forecasting orders and sales of assigned territory and submit monthly report
• Representing the company at trade association meetings to promote product and company
• Achieve individual sales targets for the assigned territory
• Develop deep knowledge of DaTscan, Vizamyl, DaTQUANT and other portfolio products in order to articulate the key selling messages to all relevant customers
• Demonstrate understanding of the imaging marketplace including business goals, Nuclear Medicine and PET products and equipment used in hospitals and independent imaging centers.
• Address most product-related questions and promptly locate answers/experts for questions he/she cannot answer or which must be answered by an expert
• For hospitals and imaging centers, profile the typical patient flow from prescriber request for a scan to scheduling of a scan, procurement of a scanning product, interpretation of the scan, and the report back to the prescribing physician
• Identify the top referring prescribers, create relationships, and appropriately impact the decision-making criteria that may result in the utilization of GE Neurology’s imaging agents
• Associates degree or higher
• 3+ years of relevant and progressive sales experience in a medical, healthcare, technical, pharmaceutical or Life Sciences field preferred
• Experience selling into hospitals, contracting, and buying/billing products
• Proven track record of sales success developing, organizing and implementing sales plans, meeting and exceeding sales targets, and penetrating new accounts/markets/competitive through proficiency in prospecting, lead qualification, sales and negotiations
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales objectives while operating in compliance with regulatory guidelines
• Demonstrated selling skills, analytical skills and pharmaceutical industry acumen
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities through effective organizational, people, and time management skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting towards meeting established objectives.
• Applies a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts (i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Must be willing to reside in the territory
• Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to do between 25-50% overnight travel
• Must have a valid driver's license
- Proven and progressive previous experience in sales/services/promotion to C-suite and technical decision makers e.g. CEOs, Strategic Planning Directors, Facilities/Estates managers, Biomedical Engineers, nursing staff, medical specialty staff (Anesthesiology, Radiology, Intensive care, Nuclear Physicists etc.)
Locations: United States; California; San Francisco
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.