GE Wind Electrical Design Liaison Engineer (f/m) in Salzbergen, Germany
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Wind Electrical Design Liaison Engineer (f/m)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Germany
The Electrical Design Liaison Engineer is part of the Electrical, Performance and Validation (EPV) Center of Excellence within the Renewables Engineering Organization, and builds the interface between Engineering and the GE Wind Manufacturing in Salzbergen, Germany.
This position ensures two-way communication for a smooth implementation of design changes into the manufacturing process and helps to feed manufacturing observations, lessons learned and improvement ideas back to engineering for consideration within the design process.The GE Wind facility in Salzbergen manufactures the main assemblies of our GE Wind turbines, like the machine head, the hub and the downtower assembly for a further evolving market. Therefore this role provides significant accountability and growth opportunity.
• Lead the introduction of design changes or corrective actions into manufacturing and manufacturing processes.
• Work closely with the manufacturing quality team to ensure excellent quality of shipped products and support the definition of routine test procedures.
• Review Non Conformity Notifications (NCNs), clarify issues with manufacturing and engineering and provide disposition. Keep track of design driven NCRs and support resolution.
• Check compliance of used components, materials and processes to drawings, specifications and international codes and standards.
• Work with global and cross-functional teams to leverage ‘Best Practice’ for manufacturing and routine testing.
• Preparation of Work Desk Instructions (WDIs) for manufacturing and field retrofits.
• Support the Supplier Quality organization during part and supplier qualification and supplier audits.
• Work closely with the EPV design engineers and technical leaders to ensure dual way communication between manufacturing and engineering.
• Certified Engineer, Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• experience in design, manufacturing, maintenance and/or testing of electrical equipment and/or assemblies.
• Good knowledge in electrical components, applications and practices.
• Positive mindset with good verbal and written communication skills
• Good German and English language skills
• Ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment.
• Green Belt or full time quality role experience.
• Strong analytical approach to problem solving.
• Experienced in working with international codes and standards.
• Materials and/or manufacturing process knowledge.
• Proven strong interpersonal skills.
• Wind turbine system/design knowledge.