GE Employee HR Manager in Sale, United Kingdom
Capital Industrial Finance
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working Capital Solutions (WCS) leverages the financial solutions and industry expertise of GE Capital to offer Accounts Receivable management on a global basis to GE and its affiliates. We offer a full range of Accounts Receivable management capabilities, including financing and servicing solutions through our world class people, processes and technologies With over $55B receivables purchased annually and $10B of serviced assets at year end 2012, WCS provides credit and collections services through five Centers of Excellence and over 12 locations globally. WCS is part of GE Capital EMEA - one of Europe’s largest commercial and consumer lenders with more than five million customers and operations in 19 countries.
WCS is committed to global diversity by employing the brightest minds in the world to help us create limitless ideas and solve tough challenges. We provide employees with opportunities to reach their growth potential and contribute to the progress of the communities we serve. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth.
Our achievements reflect a culture of meritocracy where every employee can be a leader. We believe that when one person grows and improves, we can all grow and improve - and together, we all rise.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Employee HR Manager
HR Client Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
As an Employee HR Manager, you’ll provide support to a population of 200 across the UK within a matrix environment. You will be the key to the success of the Sale and Cardiff site in driving the site culture and talent management, working with the site leader, functional local leaders and the global HR team, as well as the UK HR community within GE. You’ll thrive in this role with the variety of the generalist activities, as well as assuming ownership of specific business wide HR projects
• Working in conjunction with the HR team and functional leaders in support of the population across our 2 WCS UK sites (Sale and Cardiff), to provide an effective HR support/business partnership.
• Supporting global functional HRM’s by taking ownership of salary planning, compensation and benefits, succession planning etc. for UK population.
• Undertake quarterly talent reviews across the functions, ensuring effective performance differentiation, and actioned succession plans;
• Coach managers to develop leadership capabilities on an ongoing basis;
• Manage the company’s HR policies and procedures and ensure full adherence to these, including any UK disciplinary and grievance issues;
• Drive HR initiatives, ensuring we attract, develop and retain the best diverse and global talent, to meet business objectives. Partner with our AMS recruitment team and leverage our Recruitment COE to support all recruitment needs;
• Support Organization development, building internal talent pipeline, mapping talents externally and within GE, and acting as liaison with GGO HR on talent sharing and market intelligence.
• Support HR activities including headcount reviews, HR lifecycle (starters, leavers etc) via our HR Admin team, and other day to day support;
• Drive GE Culture development strategy, using tools/resources available;
• Provide guidance on reward and recognition, ensuring appropriate levels of reward for performance;
• Promote WCS and our culture to new joiners, promote WCS as an employer of choice within GE and represent the UK sites both internally and externally;
• Work with legal counsel to ensure that HR processes, documents and practices are compliant and that local regulations are met on all levels;
• Support and/or lead HR projects as needed.
• You’ll have established yourself as a credible HR generalist having worked within a highly matrixed and fast paced organization (External)
• You’ll also possess excellent communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
• Ability to support clients in multiple locations & work in a matrix environment
• Self-starter, able to make sound judgements and drive decisions.
• From an education perspective you’ll ideally have a degree or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and or a related discipline in which business knowledge and an understanding of human resource practices has been gained or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Process and detail oriented, including strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Strong understanding of the application of local labour laws and government requirements
• Good level of IT literacy, Microsoft Office and HR systems.
• Relationship-building skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• CIPD qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Experience of working in an international environment within a global business