GE Senior Project Manager in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Senior Project Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Saudi Arabia
The Senior Project Manager role is responsible for management of EPC type, extended scope projects in Power Services and is accountable to deliver projects to contract requirements, cost, quality and EHS targets whilst maintaining customer satisfaction.
The role is to manage projects with extensive plant related scope, often beyond the traditional power equipment scope; typically involving rehabilitation or relocation on a brown field site, and integration of existing plant with new equipment.
• Project leadership and direction of EPC type, total plant scope projects in Power Services
• Engage and support in ITO/tendering phase bringing experience and lessons and ensuring gaps are closed, fulfilment capabilities and execution strategy is robust to ensure the project can be successful in execution.
• Define and implement the Project execution strategy, challenging all aspects of the project setup with overall object to ensure success of project
• Leadership of a large cross functional, multi-cultural project team ensuring on time delivery and contract deliverables fulfilment, and margin attainment/ enhancement.
• Manage project financials; sales, cost, invoicing, receivables and change orders.
• Serve as the GE representative and focal point for driving customer issue resolution and satisfaction.
• Proactively manage project through risk identification and mitigation strategies to meet or exceed targets
• Stakeholder management and communication including Customer, Region, PMO, Senior Management, Consortium members
• Engage with the PMO Function to ensure process and operational alignment, best practice and lessons learned implementation.
• Understand, Own and implement Contract Terms & Conditions.
• Define and manage the strategy for claims management
• Drive project schedule; work with Project Scheduler on schedule creation and management.
• Work closely with GE region teams to drive high fulfillment and portfolio growth.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or other technical or business related field
• Extensive Project Management experience in EPC, large scale services projects for Power Generation or particularly complex extended scope projects
• Experience of brownfield construction and construction contract management
• Willingness and ability to travel within the country/region
• PMP certification, Project management Leadership Program graduate or other Project Management training.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Global service experience and ability to lead projects in cross functional and international teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills including at the executive and external level
• Knowledge of Power Services Engineering across multiple products, services and associated markets
• Broad commercial knowledge and experience
• Strong negotiating skills and experience
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
• Understanding of business and project financials (orders, sales, CM, OM, Pacing, Margin Review, Cash)
• Strong analytical, project management organizational skills
• Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the “critical few” issue/priorities. Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely. Ability to translate strategy into business objectives