General Electric Senior Storeperson - Red Deer in Red Deer, Alberta
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 37,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Making the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity our highest priorities is The Way We Work. Our technologies and services include: surface and subsea drilling and production, monitoring and diagnostics, measurement and controls, large-scale LNG, pipeline compression and inspection, well site and industrial power generation, technologies for the refining and petrochemical industries, and modular CNG and LNG units for transportation sectors. Through our customized service solutions, training programs and technologies, GE Oil & Gas partners with customers to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability; develop their next generation workforce; and fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.
Quinn Pumps Canada is a world leading manufacturer and Service Company exclusively dedicated to rod pumping systems. Product innovations and development make Quinn Pumps unparalleled in today's marketplace for troubleshooting and specialty pump applications. Rod and pumping system design programs
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Senior Storeperson will be responsible for the over-seeing of employees at various jobsites and field projects in support of the Store Manager.
• Assist in the daily activities of employees and ensure that manpower and equipment utilization is done in a cost effective manner while remaining compliant with company policies and regulatory bodies
• Assist in assigning work to employees based on their skill level
• Provide support to Store Manager with Quality Systems and Safety Program
• Train and provide guidance to pump technicians
• Enter pump sheet documentation, purchase and stock orders
• Contact customers and answer customer calls and queries
• Trouble shoot well problems
• Strong customer focus
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School, General Education Diploma (GED), or equivalent
• Commitment to GE's Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality programs.
• Oilfield experience (specifically Artificial lift) is required
• Must have solid bottom hole pump experience and the ability to use computer software.
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including Driver’s Abstract, as part of the selection process
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the country in which the position is located
• Strong attention to detail and complete resolution
• Ability to work with multiple and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision
• Strong customer service mindset
• Oilfield Experience would be an asset
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with SAP an asset
Locations: Canada; Alberta; Red Deer
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.