GE Steam Turbine Alstom/oOEM fleet support candidate in Queretaro, Venezuela
Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power Services is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technology, products and services to the energy industry. Providing a comprehensive range of solutions across the energy landscape, from supply and conversion to delivery and utilization, we are uniquely prepared to help fulfill the world’s demand for reliable, cleaner and more efficient energy.
Posted Position Title
Steam Turbine Alstom/oOEM fleet support candidate
Services/Installed Base Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of
Looking for candidates for Steam Turbine Fleet Support Engineering for other Alstom/oOEM Technologies.
The Steam Turbine Alstom/oOEM Fleet Support Engineer works with Commercial Teams, Field Execution Team, Customers and Design CoE in order to provide technical support to our installation personnel, troubleshooting support, identify root cause of issues for our Steam Turbines being installed and/or installed fleet, connect to other engineering teams in order to address Steam Turbines issues. The Steam Turbine Alstom/oOEM Fleet Support Engineer has functional responsibility for assigned engineering work with latitude for independent action as a function of experience. This position involves review and analyze steam turbine data, implications to guarantees, and fleet support studies, field data, and unit configuration information. These studies often involve working in a cross functional team environment.
• Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using deep technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
• Conduct evaluations on Steam Turbines technology.
• Lead Root Cause Analyses (RCA).
• Review customer concerns through different GE systems and ensure technical response is aligned to expectations and clarify when there are differences.
• Coordinate with customers, regional leaders, Sales, other engineering groups and/or field personnel to ensure issue solutions are appropriate to the steam turbine and according to the customer needs, GE design standards and established engineering course of action.
• Executes the analysis or evaluation of assigned technical issues using engineering principles and adheres to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Provides timely communications on significant issues or developments.
• Travel to customer locations in support to commercial teams or resolution of field issues (Up to 30% of time)
• Promote and contribute to business programs or initiatives (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.)
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Participates in and/or Leads cross functional teams of engineers to achieve project objectives.
• Conducts and/or leads system level/fleet wide activities especially in the area of Steam Turbine's issues.
• BS degree plus 8 years of experience or Master’s degree plus 6 years of experience or PhD degree plus 4 years of experience.
• Minimum 6 years of professional experience on Steam Turbines relevant for the function.
• BSc on Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, Energy, Mechatronics or any other engineering area relevant for the function.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Must be able to maintain a normal day-to-day fluid conversation on any topic with few mistakes (mistakes that will not affect getting the message through). Must have fluency and rhythm and sufficient self-confidence in the language to be able to handle meetings and conversations.
• Presentation Skills: ability to communicate with Senior Leadership
• Six Sigma Green Belt or ideally Black Belt certified (GE employees only).
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions
• Legal right to work in Mexico.
• Solve quality and multiple issues.
• Lead by applying science, engineering theory and processes.
• Proactively serve in cross functional leadership teams to achieve business goals.
• Proven successful experience as a technical mentor for the business.
• Proven experience conducting Root Cause Analyses (RCA) with aid of 8D methodology.
• Be recognized as an expert in the technical field.•
Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Strong technical aptitude, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of other languages and cultures relevant to assigned customer/s.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability in establishing common goals and objectives
• Demonstrated ability in influencing and shaping team's long term vision and strategy
• Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments