GE Software Test Engineer in Queretaro, Mexico
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Software Test Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
With a constant Growth in the past years, GEIQ has been a key player in the generation of new technologies for the Aviation Industry. If you feel comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects , love working in friendly and agile collaborative environments, get excited about participate in Software testing activities, have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, excel working with some of the smartest engineers in the industry, this Job is right for you.
In the Aviation Power Systems Software team, we develop and test critical software for Aviation Power products; due to the high criticality of our software, our engineers have a high responsibility in the testing of Power Generation/Distribution Products.
• Analyze Software/Systems requirements and design/write test cases.
• Perform Integration Testing, Unit Test and Code Review processes.
• Document Software test plans, run test cases in different platforms and perform Peer review
• Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews.
• Be part of a team with a full ownership of testing activities while remaining a close interaction with SoftwareEngineers in UK.
Bachelor degree in Electronics Engineering, Mechatronics or Computer Science/Engineering
• Professional Experience in embedded software (1 - 2 Years)
• Proficiency in low level programming languages such as C, C++ and ASM
• Embedded Software fundamentals in pointers, data structures, memory usage, interrupt routines, microcontrollers.
• Maintain technical conversations in English, either verbally or written.
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Experience in Software testing tools like Tessy / LDRA.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & processes for Embedded Software lifecycle, including Code Standards, configuration management, build processes and testing.
• Experience with Agile SCRUM Methodology
• Experience in Aero Space/Automotive Software Testing