GE Latin America Aero Services Engineering Subsection Manager in Queretaro, Mexico
Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Latin America Aero Services Engineering Subsection Manager
Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
The Aero Services Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and providing engineering service solutions for GE Aeroderivative equipment in order to increase regional customers’ satisfaction and exceed regional objectives. This position is responsible for the resolution of regional customer issues, identification of potential upgrades and development of Analytics deck in the region. This towards increasing fleet availability, performance and power in Latin America.
• Lead the Aero Services Engineering team for Latin America.
• Responsible for providing “World Class Engineering Service” with Autonomy, Accountability and Ownership.
• Own the root cause analysis (RCA) process inside the Engineering
team and provide field support for industrial Aeroderivative units in case of field events.
• Timely communicate, collaborate and support the CPMs, TAs, Quality team, Performance team, Customer Engineer Leaders and Sales teams towards high level objectives.
• Timely communicate with GE upper management and customers.
• Develop and maintain executive level relationships with current and potential customers.
• Collaborate with other GE teams to provide solutions and technical alternatives towards common goals.
• Support other GE Engineering teams when needed, without jeopardize the Aero responsibilities.
• Promote customer focused culture; Driving change to address customer concerns.
• Promotes simplification/innovation projects to reduce the lead time of issues resolution.
• Demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency to get things done per expectations of customer and regional business.
• Shares best practices within other regional leaders and teams.
• Understand customer’s competitive environment to identify CM&U (Conversions, Modifications and Upgrades) solutions.
• Be a partner with Commercial team to create technical proposals per engineering analysis.
• Acts as a resource in response to customer inquiries and communicate in a professional and timely manner.
• Push and collaborate with Product Line Engineering teams to support Latin America customer needs and opportunities.
• Develop and execute a strategic and tactical technical growth plan under engineering scope.
• Have a Bachelor's Degree plus 10 years of experience in Engineering fields.
• At least 5 years of experience in successfully managing PB & LPB employees.
• Excellent written, oral and listening comprehension abilities both in Spanish and in English.
• Demonstrated solid technical skills and experience in Aeroderivative units.
• Demonstrated Project Management skills or the ability to document, plan, market, execute, control, close and manage programs, projects, orders, activities or systems.
• Proven experience in Session C and Salary Planning.
• Point of contact between worldwide Aero counterparts/stakeholders and GEIQ.
• Management of team budget, HC, and programs.
• Deep understanding of Aeroderivative units (LMS100, LM2500, LM6000, etc)
• Knowledgeable of Power Plants, Cogeneration, Gas turbine, Controls, and Generator equipment terminology.
• Good understanding of ITO, OTR, Performance and Power Services processes oriented to Power Generation equipment.
• Field experience in Aeroderivative units.
• Black Belt certifified
• PMP Certified