General Electric Plant Inventory, MIS & working capital control Manager in Pune, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Plant Inventory, MIS & Working capital control Manager – MMF will provide inventory accounting leadership for MMF with a projected plant turnover of $ 400 M. This role will be the Finance partner for various COE Manufacturing Leaders in MMF and would work closely with them to deliver strong inventory processes and controls.
The candidate needs to have a strong plant accounting background with in a combination of products and projects business setup. Responsibilities includes but not limited to,
• Inventory processes & Control – Own Inventory accuracy for entire plant. Conduct physical verification of inventory, provide finance leadership for perpetual inventory / Cycle count process, provide variance analysis & manage stock adjustments. Guide Warehouse & COE teams on various inventory processes /corrections. Manage Inventory valuation accuracy as per accounting standards. Drive inventory reduction targets with COE teams.
• Data Analytics : publish various dashboards enabling COE / Materials teams to manage inventory risks. Manage Purchase Returns & Scrap disposal processes. Provide consumption analysis to meet statutory compliance requirements.
• Period Closing: Own Inventory period closing process and reconcile GL balances for direct cost & inventory accounts. Workout inventory valuation, Obsolescence and other adjustment entries asper Inventory policies. Reconcile subsidiary ledger with general ledger. Own all Inventory and Cost Accounting ledgers in Balance Sheet and P&L for MMF
• Monthly Material Cost: support monthly cost variances and reasons behind and tracking for appropriate cost optimization efforts for MMF. Complete responsibility for logistics, taxes, and warehouses cost tracking and productivity improvement with the respective teams. Detailed tracking of the monthly PPV variances for reviews.
• Cost variance management: provide deep dive analysis of various variances (Price / Quantity / Job-cost) and introduce necessary control.
•Plant MIS & Productivity tracking: Establishing plant MIS and productivity measures related to materials, logistics, cycle count, warehouse costs, customs topics related to material costs.
• Monitor various efficiency parameters of the plant – like line utilization, machine utilization analytics etc.
• Own Cost Accounting compliance under the Cost Accounting and Reporting Rules. Support Statutory/Internal/group Audits.
• Process Improvements / IT Enhancements: Lead process improvements, IT enhancements to improve inventory process and strengthening inventory reporting through system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance. Preferably a CA, ICWA or MBA – Finance
A minimum of 5-6 years financial work experience in a manufacturing environment in plant accounting roles. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Inventory and material accounting role.
Working experience with ERP is must. Exposure to Oracle ERP would be added advantage.
• Strong analytic skills
• Excellent communication skills:
• Ability to work with cross functional teams in complex environment
• Strong Excel skills in data compilation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros).
• Basic understanding of financial compliance: IGAAP, CARO, Cost Audit record rules etc
• Clear thinking / problem solving skills to lead cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function; able to quickly grasp new ideas
• Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
• Desire to drive IT improvements in the organization.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Locations: India; Pune
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.