General Electric Materials & Fulfillment Manager in Pune, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Build and lead team of Buyers, Planners & Logistics specialists for the Services business unit to execute materials planning, fulfillment and logistics operations for the India Loco MSA. Work strategically with operations leaders to drive synergies across the MSA and meet targets on parts availability, cycle time/OTD, and inventory turns
• Establish a vision for Lean supply chain & execute the same in partnership with Sourcing, Shed Operations & Suppliers
• Responsible for material planning, fulfillment and inventory metrics across the MSA
• Set strategic direction for planning and scheduling activities within the organization. Provide leadership in using advanced planning tools to model, simulate, and release optimized material plans to the organization
• Ensure parts availability to meet customer OTD and drive Inventory turns improvement
• Enable shed materials team to maximize parts availability to minimize downtime of Locomotives during maintenance activities
• Coordinate import & export operations for new & remanufactured parts to ensure customs compliance, optimal cycle time and material availability
• Determine and apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and resource utilization using advanced planning tools
• Deploy Lean and Six-Sigma methodology to simplify and improve material transactions
• Exhibit outstanding leadership and effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Minimum of 10+ years of experience in supply chain management, preferably in materials and logistics operations.
• Proven ability to drive change in a matrixed environment
• Ability to successfully motivate and maintain employee involvement while driving change
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Prior experience of setting up Materials stream for a large greenfield/brownfield facility.
• Hands on experience in ERP, preferably Oracle across the Planning, Purchase & Inventory modules.
Locations: India; Pune
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.