General Electric Manufacturing Process Engineer - Cabinets Assembly in Pune, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role, you will establish manufacturing processes for India loco cabinets program. You will be responsible for setting-up the manufacturing line, optimizing & improving the processes for zero defect & efficient operations
- Own development of Lean Line including workstation design/development and implementation of Standard Work
- Identify P& E , define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals till completion
- Ensure all engineering designs, specifications & technical data are complete& accurately documented
- Translate engineering BoM into manufacturing BoM including item master creation, defining routing in Oracle
- Establish & document manufacturing process through Manufacturing Process Plan
- Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing
- Make process instructions/routings for assembly by focusing on standardization of manufacturing processes
- Interface with vendors and other functions in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed
- Support on equipment layout plan, facility modification, and equipment installation and inspection acceptance.
- Facilitate operator trainings and work with suppliers to organize for special trainings on equipment
- Establish and improvise the manufacturing processes, identify deviations and take corrective actions to ensure process compliance
- Target optimal facility utilization to meet production volumes. Should be able to optimize the available resources and be able to justify new requirements
- Suggest / Perform layout changes as required
- Drive productivity improvement initiatives
- Participate in design reviews with Engg/TTA and take actions to improve the manufacturability of the product. Lead ECO/ECR process for the product family
- Develop necessary tooling and material handling requirements to ensure productivity and Safety
Electrical Bachelor's Degree around 5 + years of Manufacturing Process experience, Power electronics, HV gradients
Experience in setting up Power Electrical based Manufacturing line
Experience in leading Program transfer/ NPI
Availability to travel all over the world when necessary;
Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams, working in a global environment, team working;
Analytical skills for trouble shooting
Six sigma Green belt certification;
Enthusiasm for challenging and changing situations.
Locations: India; Pune
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.