General Electric Junior Engineer in Pune, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the Equipment Engineer is responsible for maintaining the equipments in the machining CoE that includes machining and fabrication. The engineer will be responsible for the preventive maintenance schedule of the equipments.
• Spare part identification, planning,. Maintaining Min stock level
• Erection and commissioning of machining & fabrication machines including electrical & mechanical utilities.
• Fixtures Preventive maintenance & repair will be carried out by the Equipment Engineer.
• Maintaining equipment health & availability, including periodic calibration of the machines is in the scope of the engineer.
• Qualifying the Equipment before production and certification for readiness of use will be carried out by the engineer
• Drive Overall Equipment Effectiveness and productivity
• Actively support EHS programs in the plant
• Execute chip / metal scrap value stream (from generation to collection & disposal). Work with Warehouse, Materials, Production team for the activity.
Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
First Class Diploma in Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electronics Engineering or an equivalent engineering discipline.
4-6 Years of Experience in Engineering industry – with firsthand experience of managing the processes of a machine shop / fabrication shop and new product introduction
Knowledge or prior experience in equipment maintenance .
Hands on experience on Siemens /Mazak controllers.
Candidates having experience on DMG Machines would be preferred.
Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
Strong organizational skills, MS office skills
Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
Fluent in English and Hindi Language (Written and Spoken)
Should have experience in handling DMG Machines.
Locations: India; Pune
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.