General Electric Junior Engineer in Pune, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the NDT testing expert is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving In process quality systems as per AS 9100 / ISO 9001. This person will own developing and executing the NDT plan - in process quality inspection plan to address the key Quality deliverables in the project including analysis.
• The position will report to the NDT Level II
• Responsible to carry out inspection processes in FPI, Hydro, Radiography, and UT and other NDT processes. Coordinate with NDT Level II for interpretation of the results.
• Work closely with NDT / Quality system teams to develop and implement AS 9100 / NAD CAP procedures : understand requirements for certification, timing, and own all improvement actions necessary to obtain certifications,
• Coordinate for Quality training needs. Facilitate, train, and coach cross-functional employees in the use of quality tools as appropriate
• Initiate the continual improvement through quality audit programs, through the assessment / screening of various sources of non-conformances and by driving the implementation or corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis for In process improvements.
• Develop & Monitor all quality parameters (NDT) for in process & quality equipment’s. Implementation of a comprehensive communication plan to support the quality strategy and establish a climate that encourages an open communication for employees to exchange ideas / suggestions
Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
First Class Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering with NDT – I / II certified.
5+ Years of Experience in Engineering industry (Fabrication / Aviation industry using NDT extensively ) – with firsthand experience with a Quality Management system
Working knowledge of AS 9100 and its application in a complex business. Requirements of implementation.
Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
Strong organizational skills, MS office skills
Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
Strong project and team leadership
Knowledge of NAD CAP
Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology
Fluent in English and Hindi Language (Written and Spoken)
Marathi Language Skills (Verbal & Written)
Locations: India; Pune
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.